The world is bursting with beautiful grains that contain no gluten at all, and can be used to make some truly outstanding breads, with just a little knowledge and insight.
Whether you are new to GF and dismayed by the store-bought GF breads available, or you have been GF for years, and want to expand your horizons to embrace a more creative, more foodie approach to gluten free baking, you will find plenty of inspiration in this course.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Be able to bake a variety of delicious loaves with no gluten at all
- Understand the uses of chia seed, linseed and psyllium husk as binders
- Understand the ‘mechanics’ of baking without gluten
- Understand the properties of various GF flours and their nutritional benefits
- Be able to make and manage a GF sourdough culture
- Know how to fit home-baked GF breads into a busy lifestyle
- Learn how to manage that nightmare GF store cupboard...
- Never eat another ‘cardboard’ loaf again!
As you progress from recipe to recipe through nine individual baking projects, with video demonstrations backed up with printable notes, you will gain a thorough grounding in the key principles of gluten free baking. More than that, you will develop all the confidence you need to go on and create recipes of your own!
Penny runs The Artisan Bakery School with her husband, Dragan, in beautiful south Devon, UK. The School focuses on teaching people how to bake bread with integrity, using authentic techniques and ethical ingredients. Every course shows more people how to make artisan baking part of a happier, healthier, more rewarding lifestyle.
PreviewThe Four Flour Groups: Nuts, Beans, Grains and Vegetable Starches (1:35)
StartNatural Binders for Bouncier Crumb (1:35)
StartThe Balancing Act: Sweetness, Acidity and Salt (1:18)
StartRise! How to Lift Your Loaf to Greater Heights (0:46)
PreviewYour Shopping List: Ingredients Required to Complete this Course.